The waste generated at events has become a major issue.
Disposable plastic cups litter fields at festivals with smashed cups
But there are even bigger issues.
- Cheap tents get left at the end of events. Smashed. With no option but too go to landfill.
- Generators suck litres of diesel just to power the sound systems.
- Disposable plastic water bottles are consumed just to keep festival goers hydrated.
- Thousands of people drive with half empty cars to the same destination with no thought to share the ride.
The result is tens of thousands of dollars in waste expenses.
It is hard enough for Festival directors to make a profit. The last thing the want to think about is their waste.
ENTER GREEN SHOOT PACIFIC (GSP).
GSP are New Zealand's leading event sustainability professionals providing a full suite of sustainability services including waste minimisation strategies.
Founded by one of New Zealand's leading festival directors, Amanda Wright from Splore Festival and New Zealand's leading sustainability consultant, Dave Watson.
Together they have created remarkable results at numerous festivals in New Zealand including Splore, Rhythm 'n' Alps and Northern Bass
Their main focus includes
- The identification of sustainability issues and their impact.
- The development of integrated management systems and action plan
- Team Training
And much more…
If you are looking at reducing your waste, support the environment and reduce your waste cost.
Check out GSP here